Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blog 6 notes from event

My jots from the class event:

  • Tanera came to my area, introduced herself, she was standing while I was sitting down
  • She asked my name,,wrote it down..then asked my major
  • she was taking holding her notebook and writing down my responses
  • I asked her name..she corrected my pronounciation
  • Tanera moved slightly to left to interview Eli
  • Still holding her notebook, Tanera asked his name
  • Eli had to correct her enunciation of his name
  • starting to get loud in the class, difficult to observe her interview
  • Dr. Chandler asked if anyone knew why Danielle wasn't getting out of her
  • began to move to group to get opportunity to interview
  • Jalishea came over to introduce herself. I think she said that she is English major too and wants to teach.
  •  Then she began to ask my major and if I want to be a teacher. I told her that I am a teacher and maybe considering going into other fields. 
  •  She shared that she was a former cake baker. I chuckled and smiled asked how she went from a caker baker to English student
the event is over.

Later I remembered later that...
  • there was awkward movement when it was Dr. Chandler told us to begin our event
  • people were smiling at the neighbors and raising their eyebrows
  • average group was about 2 or 3 persons
  • some of the questions seemed preplanned people were writing and talking at same time
Observations:
  • have a preplanned set of questions prior to interview
  • take notes in shorthand
  • refine ability to tune out background noise or distractions

No comments:

Post a Comment