Tuesday, November 26, 2013

12

My short analysis grade couldn't have been better had my research question been more meaningful. I examined the Adult Learner transcript and my research question analyzed how the participants feelings about a subject impacts the interview. Feelings may have an impact the interview, but had I looked more deeply into the interview I wouldnt have discussed other, deeper factors that impacted the interview. For example, I should've looked at the language used by the participants. This may have had a deeper impact on the interview. The language between the Adult learner and interviews age gap(Discourse) may have a larger impact on the language and moves used in this transcript. Other discourse between the participants is how the Adult learner is a novice computer user versus the interviewer who is more an advanced computer user.  When I look back at the transcript, if I had analysed the language discourse between the participants I would have built a better research question, and, thus would have had a better grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment